Friday, April 4, 2008

Tomorrow is the day!

Today I spent finishing up the last tasks - a few last items, pedicure, visit to my 90-year-old friend/neighbor Shirley (who a few weeks ago on the phone said, "You better come and see me. At my age, you never know...) And then, I took my last class at my 'home studio' in Fremont. I invited a slew of people to come, but most couldn't do the time, or are too afraid of the heat (someday I would love to have a way to relieve that fear for people, or help them see it ends!). However, Jill, of course, and also Julie and Mikey (my sister, and my longtime-college-friend) came to class, Saiko was teaching. It was a good class for me! In fact, this week, I only practiced Sun, Mon, Wed, and Fri. It was so great! I thought, "This is what normal people do! Just a reasonable batch of exercise each week..." vs. my compulsive, daily practice peppered with guilt-ridden occasional days off. Anyhow, class was great - after, we all went to our house, ordered up food from Paseo (the best Caribbean food in the state, just 3 blocks' walk from my house) and hung out. It was a nice last night for me, and a nice last practice too.

I embarrassingly have three - that's t-h-r-e-e - bags to check. I am feeling lame, but also feeling comfortably prepared. Yeah, I brought a few silly things, but most of them are things that I feel better having than not. I will have to pay for some of them, but whatever. I've already plunked down so much money to do this, it seems silly to skimp on this.

So, just about ready to hit the hay, at the-way-to-late time of 11:30 p.m. (having to get up at 3:15 a.m. for my 5 a.m. flight...), I can't find my dialogue. Christian and I took Saiko's advice and took our dialogue to Kinko's, had it reduced, laminated and bound. So at 11:30, I can't find my dialogue. Awesome. I search, no luck. I call Mikey, whom I gave my car to while I'm away, to check the trunk. He checks and checks, no luck. Finally, I look under the couches, and then finally, under the bed - and there is my cat Heatbutt, sitting right on top of my dialogue. Phew. Not the best timing to have minor panic attack, but it worked out :)

No comments: