We started with an 8:30 a.m. class with Bikram's wife, Rajashree. She was so kind and nice and taught a 90-minute class (oh, I forgot the other two challenges yesterday in that horrible class .... my contact dried up and I finally just took it out after Eagle; and the class was 40 minutes longer than usual - 2 hours, 10 minutes). I didn't miss a posture, and practiced next to Christian in a different "neighborhood."
Next up was lunch. I consciously filled my plate with about 500 calories. A lot for me - but we're getting "eat eat eat. hydrate hydrate hydrate." constantly. We then had posture clinic and more people did Half Moon's dialogue.
At 5 p.m., class with Bikram again - this time, 90 minutes, and sooooo many people did so much better. Including me - didn't miss a posture!! I practiced next to fellow-Lebowski lover Todd, who had a super rough morning class (puking) and needed a little good energy, back in my neighborhood from yesterday. I only got 2 corrections which were both simple.
After dinner - more posture clinic! It's like Groundhog Day here - posture clinic, lecture, class, posture clinic, lecture class.
Funny things today....
- Bikram sent 3 girls out of the room to change in the middle of class because they wore pants. "No one wears pants in my class."
- In posture clinic, Bikram called Japan to talk to a teacher of a student who had just successfully delivered her dialogue! It was pretty funny.
- Another Thai woman, who was incredibly cute and delivered dialogue like a drill sargent (Bikram says, "You like a little green chile. You gonna have kids? You will kill them. Do not teach them yoga."...it was hilarious). But he had her do the dialogue in Thai; she started with "feet together" which sounds a lot like "Cow Shit" in Thai (Conrad?) I'm guessing it's more like cowl-jit or something all Thai like that. Anyhow, the poor girl's nickname is now "cow shit" but at 11:00 at night, still at clinic, it added good comic relief!
- "You have nothing to lose. You had nothing to begin with."
- "Don't worry, I'm not going to crucify you - well, I am - but by the end of training, not on the 2nd day."
- He also referenced "juicy" again - "you know, like Kentucky Fried Chicken"...so, since I was told to get my Juicy Ass down, does that make my ass like KFC??? ;)
Here are a few pix! Me after class #1 (for a true idea of how sweaty I was, enlarge it! - note the hazy look, that was the camera fogging up from the lobby after class); outside of the yoga room; posture clinic (again); Bikram; and Christian and I after class #2 today!