Friday, June 27, 2008

Ok Dear. Let Me Clarify.

Hi all. Just to clarify....I got an email or two from people who kinda misunderstood my last post. Worried for me that teaching is not working out for me...not at all! It's working out great. I had a couple goals with my post:
  • First, just to call out some of the logistical challenges of coming home and teaching, particularly when you're not walking right into a super-supportive affiliated studio owner handing you 14 classes a week.
  • Second, to share that I realized, for me, that 5-6 classes/week is a good goal for me. At training, there is so much push to teach like a maniac when you get home, and I've done my best to do that given the parameters I've posted about here. But now that a couple weeks are past, I took some time to re-evaluate and balance all the aspects of my life that are important to me.
So, with that, I'll be carrying on! I got up at 6 a.m. to try a new studio, talk to the owner and see if it was going to be a good fit for me. Then, at 1 p.m. I taught a teacher-class in order to get some feedback from them on my teaching. I'm not teaching tomorrow, but am the three days following. So it's all good everyone! Not to worry. :) It will happen as it should!

3 comments:

Toddo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
G + H Klingman said...

Jenn, all of your advice and experiences have been priceless to me. I am preparing to head out for Fall training, and have learned so much from reading your blog! I am working hard on dialogue, not to mention raising money- which brings me to my question, did you do anything to raise money for TT?

EllenMo said...

Thank you so much, Jenn, for continuing with this blog. I really appreciate you telling it like it is, especially the parts that people don't usually talk about. I hope to make it to teacher training someday and will be very well prepared thanks to you.

Aloha & Namaste,

Ellen