Sunday, June 8, 2008

Day 64: Heading Home!

It’s hard to believe it’s really, really over. The training, of course – the real part is just about to begin: Teaching. Still, saying goodbye to people who I’ve come to expect to see daily was difficult. We were pushed to practice non-attachment this whole 9 weeks – the idea that when you can let things happen and flow and trust that all will be well – simply put, makes life easier and more peaceful. So leaving today was just another transition in life, really – as I mentioned, I was pretty comfortable with the notion that the 9 weeks would have an end. Still, it’s sad to think this time will never be again – never will this group of people be in the same place at the same time doing this same (er, crazy) thing.

We were on our way on time, around 9, and found a bunch of yogis at the airport headed to Mexico City as we were. There, we got to spend one last meal with Steve & Priscilla, along with a few others who we happened upon on the journey. As the day went on, more and more yogis fell out of the fold. By the time we got on our flight to Seattle, though, it was down to just Christian, me, Jill and Colleen, from Bellingham. And soon, we’ll all be back home doing our own things and having to work on integrating this whole experience into “real life.” I’m excited for it, truth be told!

Travels home otherwise were flawless. I studied my dialogue and caught up some blogging on the plane. My good friend Mikey picked us up and we got home around 8:30 p.m. He stayed and visited for a while and I can already see that I seriously drank the kool-aid, so to speak, and I will be finding it hard to rattle on about anything other than Teacher Training for a while (sorry friends & family). Getting back to our house and my girlfriend, my kitties and little things you take for granted – art on the walls, colors you haven't seen in living space in a long time, my kitchen, green lush northwesty trees and grass...Yay, home!
---
Pix: Last buffet (I was a little sad!) with my final Huevos Rancheros; Acpulco from above; the Northwest waters...a different look; Seattle from above; my car; my house! Above, me and my old lady kitty, Headbutt. :)








No comments: