Wednesday, December 31, 2008

End of 2008 and End of Yogabootcamp Blog!

Well, the year is over - and wow - what a year in terms of yoga for me! A year ago, I had just finished up my first 60-day challenge after getting serious about my practice a mere 3 months earlier...and then the decision to go to training...and then actually GOING to training...and now teaching since June. I could rattle on forever, as you all know, but I won't. I'll just wrap up the year - and this blog (I'll have a new one...see below) - in this post.

There is a lot to say - about the yoga, about teaching, and about my practice in particular. I am happy to report I still love the yoga, without question. I want everyone to do it but I realize (now) that it's not for everyone, though ideally that decision is made after giving it an honest go :) It continues to be a thread of goodness that weaves through my life in many, many ways - on and off the mat. I'm honestly grateful for it.

Teaching is a whole journey of a different kind. It is at it's most basic level - at times - a job. Other times, it's the most amazing experience - giving the yoga to people who want, need and love the yoga is a privilege I truly enjoy. Sometimes it's exhausting, other times it's energizing. Sometimes I just don't want to go to work - but I love teaching. I have evolved so much already, and I realize it's just the tip of the iceberg. It's so much like my practice in so many ways - ebbs and flows, easy and hard, focused and not-so-much, seemingly flawless for mere moments followed up by feeling like an utter disaster...but always with a strong dedication and effort which I can hold my head up and feel good about. I've taught many classes - I'm not sure exactly how many, but somewhere around 125 or more so far...

My practice - wow. I did 294 classes this past year, that of course, with the influx of 100ish at training. I seem to average about 5x/week without too much negative impact to my body or schedule or mind. That said, some weeks it's not enough, other weeks, it feels like too much. So I give myself permission to do what feels right - being honest with myself and limiting my lameness around being lazy or just planning poorly. My postures are coming along, and my focus has been really good over the past couple months. I'm setting goals for 2009 - a few around posture-specific stuff, a few around habits. I think it'll be good. And it will.

One thing related to both aspects is that Jill is now dedicated to doing Bikram yoga 4x/week, sometimes 5, but very rarely less. It's fun to take class with her, or have her take one of my classes - and it's nice to have someone at home who's into it, simply put. She's really into her backbending, and is working on her Standing Head to Knee, and it's fun to watch her progress.

Where to from here? Well, since this blog was really intended to detail my teacher training experience (and, well, I can honestly say I think I got'it done :) I'm going to close this blog out with this post. I'm going to keep writing about the yoga, it's impact on my life personally in terms of taking, teaching, and how it all impacts my body (in many ways, including weight loss/maintenance), my mind and my life in general.

Please join me there in the future:

www.yogajenn.blogspot.com


Yoga to the people! Thanks for reading :)
Namaste.

18 comments:

Ritesh said...

When, or if, you decide to become a Yoga teacher, you should start with a basic Yoga teacher training course that gives you an overview of all of the

fields within Yoga. If you decide to specialize, it is best to do it when the need becomes apparent.

Blog gue lucuuu banget said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blog gue lucuuu banget said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

OSA online school admissions is an online directory of schools In India where you will find all the schools and their complete information and
Admission Forms. This is a complete Indian Schools directory.

Convert Your Scanned Pages to Text said...

Very nice post...........
Thanks for the nice Information. I did not know clearly about the yoga. But now I understand its importance.
Your information is too good and very informative also.

Thanks
Online Document Conversion
Convert To Word
production@jvinfosol.com/

Geri Parisella said...

I'm contemplating Bikram Teacher Training - and I have an important question. I'm a single mom to a 6 year old. I do have plenty of help/child care from my parents - but, what is the protocol for someone in this situation? Do people leave their families? Or is there something built into the "immersion" experience for this? Any insight or opinions you have would be appreciated!

smorley said...

Thank you for sharing your experiences with teaching and yoga. My current goal is to attend teacher training in the spring of 2013 and have been absorbing as much info about this topic since the thought of training popped into my head. It's reassuring to read common interests and I am happy you will continue to have a blog specific towards teaching. Namaste x

Unknown said...

Thank you for such a fantastic blog !!Byron Bay Health Retreat

Neil Advani said...

Nice Blog!There are innumerable benefits of yoga over the complete health of a kid or an adult. Yoga not only relaxes mind and body but also rejuvenates all the senses. Thanks for sharing this post.

Yoga teacher training

Unknown said...

This training will give the educational platform to teach cancer patients safely and confidently. We learned from medical professionals which bolstered my belief in this program. The lectures and lecturers were relevant, knowledgeable, and credible. Pam and Susan's contributions to our community are second to none. Overall, I high suggest this training as a supplement to your teaching credentials. yoga teacher training Thailand

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

Your blog article is really a good resource for everybody that wants to read a good blog. Your blog was absolutely fantastic in which there are great information about Bikram Teacher Training. Keep updating us with your blog.
300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training

Sri Yoga Peeth said...

Information about Yoga and Yoga teacher training classes useful in your post. Thanks for sharing this interesting data.
_________________________

Yoga retreat in Rishikesh

Unknown said...

The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention. 200 hr yoga teacher training in Rishikesh

yogaforhealthlife said...

Thanks For Sharing Great Information With Us.
Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh

Nepal Yoga Teacher Training said...

Nice article, thank you for sharing wonderful information. I am happy to found your blog on the internet.
You can also check - Certified Yoga Teacher Training In Nepal

Swasti Yoga Center said...

This blog post reflecting on the end of 2008 and the journey of Yoga Bootcamp is insightful and thought-provoking. It offers a unique perspective on personal growth and the transformative power of yoga.

yoga teacher training india at Swasti Yoga Center will permit the professional to immerse themselves into their own yoga practice by carefully analyzing and practicing posture, breathing, concept, and meditation. Our classes are supervised .Yoga is an ambitious practice which needs dedication, dedication and dedication. For more details you can write to Email : swastiyogacenter@gmail.com or call on +91 9922916025 or visit here https://www.swastiyogacenter.com/